View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #122
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
10 year veteran! Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"I said more normal," Jana countered. "Didn't say normal... nothing can bring us back to that..." She paused for a moment. "But I sense Nic is alive... and he's with Beryl. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to inform the rest of the crew before we land, take on our not-so-dead captain, and throw them into a fit of disbelief and suspicion."

As she was on her way out of the cockpit, she instructed, "Jack, go ahead and take us in for a landing now."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Teser Quitaan had gotten tired of waiting for the Echo to show up and determined he'd make the best of this trip... and finish off by seeing his sister. So he landed the shuttle he'd been given, sent an information packet to the HIN, and headed for the Smuggler's Rest.

When he arrived at the Rest, he was rather surprised to see Beryl was already there, sitting, talking, and drinking with a group of people, only two of which he recognized (not counting his sister, of course). The first was Nic White, which threw Teser for a loop. He'd been one of the data sorters who'd filed the fact that Nic White/Simon Raikelli was dead. He blinked for a moment and concluded that information always ran the risk of being false.

The other person Teser recognized was Conway Harlowe. Now that threw him for a loop. On a whim once, he'd looked into Beryl's old friend and had discovered he was serving time as a doctor in an Imperial prison facility. That piece of information had lodged in his mind and now, he found it rather surprising to see what Conn was up to. He strode over to the table, coming up behind Beryl.

"You're keeping some interesting friends, little sis," he remarked. Gesturing to Nic, and then to Conn, he added, "By all accounts... dead, and Imperial doctor." He frowned and admitted. "Though that was a few weeks ago..."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,