View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #125
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
At the sudden arrival of her brother Teser, Beryl’s mouth dropped in shock as she turned her head to look at him. Months ago, before the Imperial prison caper, before even Ryshana had come aboard the Echo, she had been told that Teser was missing. As there had been no word of him for over a year, it was assumed by the rest of her brothers, bar his identical twin Telk, that he was most likely dead. Yet here he was—looking fit and healthy and shaking hands with Conn.

“Teser?” She blinked as a tear welled in her eye, then stood up and gave her brother a great big hug. “Teser! Oh, you’re alive! Rayne said… well, we all thought you were dead!”

Teser chuckled as he hugged her back. "Nice to see you, too, Beryl,” he said as he gently broke her tight embrace. "It's been a long time. And, as you can see, I’m still alive and kicking.”

Beryl nodded. “So, you are. Well, you've met Conn. This is Max, owner of the Hammerspace," she gestured to the Lorridian, "and that's Nic, over there at the bar. And...” Without warning, she drew her arm back, her hand formed into a fist, and she decked him hard enough on the chin to lay him out flat on the floor.

There was a sudden silence as the patrons in the bar took notice. But Beryl didn't care.

“You kriffin' son of a gundark!” She pointed a finger down at him as she shouted. “Just where in the Nine Hells have you been?! Don’t you know that we've been worried sick about you?! It was only because Telk was so positive that you were still alive, that Rayne didn't plan your funeral!” Still angry at him, she kicked him in the leg for good measure. "So, you'd better have a damn good explanation!"

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)