View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #135
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Beryl stiffened at Jeez’s touch. Slowly, she turned her head to look at him. His warm brown eyes seemed to see right into her soul and the elation of seeing Jana and the others was immediately replaced by anxiety. Suddenly she felt as if she were back at the Carida Academy—frightened, nervous, and always looking over her shoulder. She shrunk away from him, gradually shrugging off his hand. “Yeah, well, I don’t really want to ‘discuss’ anything right now.”

She didn’t look at Jeez, but instead locked eyes with Conn, and then walked over towards where Jana was.

“Jana,” she said softly to her friend. “It’s so good to see you. Glad you got my message. I can't tell you how much I missed you.” Still avoiding Jeez’s gaze, she gave Jana another hug, and then turned to Conn, Max and Teser. “This is my friend, Dr. Conway Harlowe,” she said to Jana as she motioned to Conn. “And that’s Max…. erm,…” Beryl realised that she hadn’t really ever asked Max if she had a family name or not. “…a former prison trustee. And, my brother, Teser, who apparently just resurrected himself from the ranks of the dead.”

She gave Teser a small apologetic grin. "I'm sorry," she said. "I had no cause to hit you. You're not Nuss."

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)