View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #148
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
As the Echo's crew filed out, Max sidled up to Sam, who was about to leave the bar. "Going with them, eh?" she called out.

Sam turned, then smiled. "Yeah, guess I am," she replied to the petite Lorrdian. "Things are gonna get pretty interesting from the sounds of it." She cast a glance back at Jack's retreating form. "Besides, I've probably got some unfinished business to take care of."

Max arched an eyebrow, but didn't press the issue. She'd known Sam long enough not to ask the tall ex-inmate about things of the past. "Well, whenever you find suit to finish it, there's always room for you aboard my ship."

"Thanks, Max," Sam said in genuine appreciation.

"I've even got the twins with me again."

It was Sam's turn to raise a brow. "Lena and Lana? Those cute Firrerreos?"

Max chuckled. "Yeah, them."

Sam stroked her chin. "Hmmm..." She furrowed her brow in thought for a few moments, then polished off the last of her ale with one big swig. Setting her mug on the table, she looked at Max again. "I'll see this Chandrila thing through, then I'll give you a ring. How's that?"

Max held up her hands. "Hey, whatever you want. Just watch yourself out there, okay?"

Sam snorted as she gave Max a quick hug. "As if."

As Max stepped outside of Smuggler's Rest, she was surprised to see Conn leaning next to the doorway. "Aren't you going with the rest of them?" she asked, arching an eyebrow at him.

The Alderaanian doctor nodded as he pushed off the wall. "Yeah, I am, but you didn't think I'd just leave without saying 'thank you', did you?"

Max waved him off. "We've been over this before, Doc, you don't need to thank me---" The rest of her sentence was cut off Conn pulled her into an embrace, her face buried against his broad chest.

"Yeah, I know, but I was never one to do what people tell me," he said. After a few moments, he released her and looked down, smiling.

The petite Lorrdian couldn't help grinning crookedly herself. "You big doof," she scolded lightly. "Lana and Lena will miss you."

"I'll still be around," Conn said. "So if you ever need a house call, you know where to go."

"Mmmhm," Max demurred. "Just be careful okay? And watch that Corellian of yours and make her right again."

Conn's smile fell a little bit. "Easier said than done."

"It always is."

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,