View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #19
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
I do not try to play innocent, but the fact remains that I posted a comment just like Niner's and made on-topic comments just like him. Yet his post was permitted, while mine was deleted.
You initially posted a quotation of my post with no 'on-topic' commentary. This shows clear intent to spam and taunt, especially since you had an identical previous comment deleted that you were very well aware of. It was on that basis your second comment was deleted. You just edited in the on-topic material to cover your ass, when it was clear from the get-go that your intent was to spam and taunt. It was during the deletion process that you edited your posted (I am not responsible for the deletion, by the by).

Quote:
As for the intent, he posted it to a heated debate where he felt it was appropriate. I did not agree, but the mods did, so I have little choice but to accept it.
For the record, you were the only person to take offense to my comment. LIAYD did not take offense to it at all, despite him obviously being referenced as a 'nerd', because he took it for what it was supposed to be: a joke.

Quote:
But when I then do the same to a similarly heated debate, my posts are deleted.
You posted it in a completely different thread, for the express purpose of stirring up trouble. That is why your posts were deleted.

Quote:
The little game I have had enough of is your attempt here to infer that my post was made in a heated debate where it was problematic, while Niner's was not. That is not true. The discussion between lukeiamyourdad and myself had certainly reached a point where several mods had stated that we should cool down. Was Niner's comment okay in that context? If so, then I fail to see how mine was any different.
See above.

Quote:
By allowing Niner's post and deleting mine, you are effectively judging him by a different standard than me. That's hypocrisy of the highest order. Why should any poster here tolerate that?
Again, you posted that with specific intent to cause trouble. That is why it is not tolerated.

Quote:
Then why can't I repeat that?
See above.

Quote:
Honestly, I find your blatant attempts to villify me rather than deal with the issue in extremely poor taste.
You've done a far better job of villifying yourself than we could ever do.

Quote:
Sure, it's easier and certainly far more convenient to villify me than it is to resolve the matter. After all, you can just ban me and thereby dodge taking the fight among the moderators, but it doesn't change the fact that something stinks here.
Whoever smelt it dealt it.*

Quote:
My comment was made in exactly the same spirit and context that Niner's was.
No it was not. See above.

Quote:
But it's okay, if you want that. If you insist on continuing the police-state, then at least have the decency to say so that I might seek political asylum elsewhere.
You are free to leave at any time. No one is keeping you here.

*This is a joke, it is meant to cause mirth. FYI.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: