View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #20
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
You initially posted a quotation of my post with no 'on-topic' commentary. This shows clear intent to spam and taunt, especially since you had an identical previous comment deleted that you were very well aware of. It was on that basis your second comment was deleted. You just edited in the on-topic material to cover your ass, when it was clear from the get-go that your intent was to spam and taunt. It was during the deletion process that you edited your posted (I am not responsible for the deletion, by the by).
I did not edit it. I posted a new post, where I did make on-topic comments. For example, Sephira concluded that Revan could never defeat Sidious because there were no circumstances that could allow it. I said that there are always circumstances in any fight, including shifting battlegrounds or - as happened - somebody betraying Sidious and stabbing him in the back.

Now, who are you to tell me that is not an appropriate on-topic comment to make?

If you answer that you're a moderator/administrator, then we're back to living in a caste-system on this forum, where the mods/admins are of a higher class than everyone else.

And even if you were right and I posted for the reasons you claim - and that is not an admission in my part - it still does not change the fact that I can make just the same claim about your "nerd rage" comment a while back. After all, I have no doubt that you also made that comment to condescend and then added - to use your own words - "some on-topic material to cover your ass". Why can you do that while I cannot? Don't presume to know my intent - only I can know my mind. If you get to interpret, then so do I.

Quote:
For the record, you were the only person to take offense to my comment. LIAYD did not take offense to it at all, despite him obviously being referenced as a 'nerd', because he took it for what it was supposed to be: a joke.
So what does that mean? Does it mean that if I call you a D***head and can convince everyone else to accept that it is then okay to call you that?

I shouldn't think so.

But let me put it this way, looking back at it now and seeing what your comment caused, do you now feel that you helped or hindered the problems you saw back then? Does your answer make you part of the solution or part of the problem? Which would you rather be?

If I had felt the matter had been taken seriously back then rather being rediculed for being too sensitive, there would have been no problem now. Apparently I'm not the only sensitive person here, given that it is so problematic that I dared to quote something you said...

And naturally it will become increasingly difficult to see your "nerd rage" comment as the innocent joke you claim to be the more you and the other moderators protest now.

Quote:
You posted it in a completely different thread, for the express purpose of stirring up trouble. That is why your posts were deleted.
That's your interpretation, not a fact. Besides, even if you were right, does that mean that my "on-topic material to cover my ass" must also be deleted? You admit that was on-topic. But it's still deleted, and you accept that. Even if you think I was trying to stir up trouble with the quote, that's a problem, especially for you as a mod, since you must set the example. Do you think you're off to a good start here?

And no, I did not post it to stir up trouble. I deny that completely. I did it to prove a point. It's too bad that you all took it hook, line and sinker rather than actually talk to me about it. But as I said, it's what I've come to expect. Mods here seem to like throwing their authority around rather than actually trying to solve the problems. That this matter was blatantly ignored in the first is the reason this topic now exists, so it would befit the mods not to claim innocence themselves.

Quote:
Whoever smelt it dealt it.*
Methinks thou doth protest too strongly.

Furem fur cognoscit et lupum lupus.

EDIT:
Quote:
You are free to leave at any time. No one is keeping you here.
Does that mean you admit to the police-state? If so, you have but to say it, and I shall must assuredly remove my sorry self from your illustrious presence.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: