View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #21
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
I did not edit it. I posted a new post, where I did make on-topic comments. For example, Sephira concluded that Revan could never defeat Sidious because there were no circumstances that could allow it. I said that there are always circumstances in any fight, including shifting battlegrounds or - as happened - somebody betraying Sidious and stabbing him in the back.
Wrong. You did edit it, and I have the logs to prove it. Please do not deny this and insult my intelligence.

Quote:
And even if you were right and I posted for the reasons you claim - and that is not an admission in my part - it still does not change the fact that I can make just the same claim about your "nerd rage" comment a while back.
You can make all the claims you want. That does not mean that they are correct.

Quote:
After all, I have no doubt that you also made that comment to condescend and then added - to use your own words - "some on-topic material to cover your ass". Why can you do that while I cannot? Don't presume to know my intent - only I can know my mind. If you get to interpret, then so do I.
Again, I made that comment in jest. If you cannot accept that, I am sorry, but that does not change the circumstances and mindset in which I made that post. The biggest part of your argument is based on the completely false assumption that I made that comment to seriously condescend and flame you and LIAYD. This is simply not the case. I know you'll probably not accept this, but then again, you seem to put very little stock in what others say.

Quote:
So what does that mean? Does it mean that if I call you a D***head and can convince everyone else to accept that it is then okay to call you that?

I shouldn't think so.
I fail to see how 'd***head' matches in vulgarity to 'nerd'. One is clearly an insult not allowed on our PG-13 boards no matter what the context; the other is a term that many people here have used in self-reference and in reference to others, with no offense taken.

Quote:
But let me put it this way, looking back at it now and seeing what your comment caused, do you now feel that you helped or hindered the problems you saw back then? Does your answer make you part of the solution or part of the problem? Which would you rather be?
My comment caused you to make a pariah of yourself based on your wrong interpretation of my message. I am sorry that you chose to do so, but in the end it was your choice to make based on your interpretation and I take no responsibility for that.

Quote:
Apparently I'm not the only sensitive person here, given that it is so problematic that I dared to quote something you said...
In a thread where the staff was dealing with a completely different user with the intent to stir up trouble. You had no place to do that.

Quote:
And naturally it will become increasingly difficult to see your "nerd rage" comment as the innocent joke you claim to be the more you and the other moderators protest now.
Again, your problem, not ours.

Quote:
That's your interpretation, not a fact.
Right back 'atcha.

Quote:
Besides, even if you were right, does that mean that my "on-topic material to cover my ass" must also be deleted? You admit that was on-topic. But it's still deleted, and you accept that.
As I stated before, the deletion process was already in motion by the time you edited your post with the on-topic content. I saw it, but was not able to stop the moderator doing the deletion in time. The moderator also removed it completely, instead of 'soft' deleting it. If it had been 'soft deleted', I can assure you it would have been back up there, sans the taunting comments that had originally comprised that post. My apologies for your loss.

Quote:
And no, I did not post it to stir up trouble. I deny that completely. I did it to prove a point.
If you want to prove a point, there is a PM system with which you could have PMed a staff member about it. Your aversion to them is not a reason you may use to justify posting it in the open.

Quote:
It's too bad that you all took it hook, line and sinker rather than actually talk to me about it.
Is this an admission of baiting?

Quote:
Furem fur cognoscit et lupum lupus.
Sorry, don't speak Latin.

Quote:
EDIT:

Does that mean you admit to the police-state? If so, you have but to say it, and I shall must assuredly remove my sorry self from your illustrious presence.
This forum and its moderators do not promote a 'police-state'. I'm sorry if you interpret it as such, but just because you do, that does not make it so.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: