View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #24
JediMasterJambi
Rookie

Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
Everyone Loves Waffles.

On a Forum, people discuss their opinons with eachother, and naturally disagree with one another.

When people disagree with eachother, they become angry at one another. Thats human nature. Thats why Wars break out between people, and people are killed, homes are destroyed. etc.

However, the creator of the forum naturally knows this. So he assigned Moderators to control the forum in a way where the anger people feel at eachother when they disagree is reducded.

A Moderators job is to Moderate.
"control: lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
That is their job. To "control anger", to "lessen the intensity" of it on the forums.

Here is where the flaw is however, Moderators are also human.
They also feel anger, they also have their own opinons, they also disagree with people, blah, blah, blah.

Thus numerous flaws are extended from their. Playing Favs, Power Trips, Mini Mods, Mod Rage, etc. I'm not going into detail.

Its no ones fault that Mod's have flaws. Its human nature. People are flawed, and therfore, so are Mods.
At that one point I have to say that in my opinon, Jediphile should accept that fact.
However, from Phile's point of view here, despite their flaws, it was their job to remove the Joke/Tease statments from a heated debate. Whether or not it was found offensive by them. It was apprent that Phile found it offensive. And not only that, but its apprent this isn't the first time that the Mods here have been in the wrong.

Everyones at a wrong from one window or another. But pointing fingers dosen't solve it.
What does solve it, however, is this.

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho
Your wish is granted...
Long live Jambi...
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may: