View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #29
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
You did, so why can't I? It didn't violate the forum rules, after all.

Ah, because you're a mod? Well, double standard...
In the original thread, I posted following tk's warning to everyone (you and LIAYD) to cool down. My post was intended to be on topic, with a bit of mirth thrown in in hopes that the two of you would take a step back and cool your jets. You obviously did not take see it that way, choosing instead to see it as an insult. You were told that it was a joke and that you should just leave it be. I imagine this did not sit well with you.

In light of these circumstances, it is hard to believe that you quoted my exact phrase with the intent of finding it funny. It's very clear to me that you intended to taunt me by doing so, given our past history and your obvious dislike of me.

Quote:
But just trying to silenty kill me by quietly deleting my posts will only prompt me to fill my mailboxes with angry PMs and post topics like this one.
No one is trying to 'kill' you, only moderate your offending posts.

You may not believe this, but I think you to be a very erudite and well-spoken contributer to these forums; that is, when you're not going off on diatribes about how the mods are out to get you. If you would just contribute and not take everything so sensitively, I imagine we'd get along just fine.

Quote:
Actually, that was a yes/no question. Do you have an aversion to simply answering yes or no?
No, it is not a police state and no I have no aversion to simply answering yes or no.

I had a whole big sentence by sentence refutation thing going, but I decided to cut out most of them, save for the most relevant ones I've left above. Jediphile, let me make this as clear as possible. As I said above, I believe you to be an intelligent and well-spoken contributer to the forums. You offer well-reasoned and insightful commentary to many different Star Wars topics. This is a very good thing. The other mods (RedHawke in particular, if you can believe it) can attest to my believing that.

Unfortunately, you also have a persecution complex, in that you believe everyone on the mod staff is out to get you. I know this goes back further than even your involvement with me, as you've had a few tussles with the SWK staff before, over pretty much the same concepts. Quite frankly, you are too sensitive. You take things way too personally. No one else reacts to jokes/friendly sarcasm/etc like you do. We do not have this problem with anyone else and I don't think it is fair that we must use a different set of standards/words/tones when dealing with you. Everyone is dealt with in the same fashion. You are the only one who has reacted in such a way.

Look, let me (myself and I; I do not speak for the rest of the staff) make a deal with you, okay? I understand that my joke made you upset and I am sorry that it did, because that was not my intent. I also do not think that the best way to handle it was to taunt me with it. That being said, I'm will watch what I say in the future when dealing with sensitive and heated topics. I am outspoken and blunt, with a very sarcastic sense of humor, but I'm willing to temper myself when dealing with potentially volatile situations. In return, I ask that you not take everything so seriously. Being hypersensitive to the point where a joke like the one I made is construed to be a personal attack doesn't really help anything. In the same vein, please do not try to take justice into your own hands and try to 'make a point', as this isn't the right way to do so.

We can continue to go back and forth ad nauseam, but that wouldn't get us much of anything save for more anger and frustration and other unwanted nastiness. I'm more than willing to meet you halfway to put our argument to rest. Are you?*

*If you are, please consider extending the same courtesy to tk and D3 and the rest of the staff. Like I said, they are not all out to get you and I believe they would much rather have you around as a contributing member of our forums.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: