View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #33
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
What if the Nerd Rage comment HAD been removed?
Given his dislike of the staff, Jediphile would likely have found some other post to take issue with and demand the removal of. I think it was really a sooner or later occurrence.

Quote:
No one would have complained. I wouldn't have been a big deal at all, infact.Jediphile would have been statisfied.
You know, this post of yours really offends me. It would make me satisfied if it was removed. I am going to scream and shout and stamp my feet until you remove it. I don't care that it's fairly normal for this thread, it offends ME and I want it GONE! It's not like deleting it will cause a big deal, so why not?

Point in case? It isn't your proviso to make me feel satisfied with your posts. If I don't like the content I can see if more people than me feel the same way (at which point it goes from me thinking my opinion should dictate how people act to a legitimate cause for concern the forums have), add you to my ignore list, or just suck it up and not demand you change your posting style to make me feel better. The same goes for these forums at large. They have no obligation to make anyone who posts here happy. If you like them you can stay, if you don't like them then you should leave. One person is not reason for dozens more to change their behaviors. Simple as that.

Quote:
The comment was complained about, just 1 complaint or not. And look what has happened because no action was taken?
If a child throws an inordinate tantrum should you reward it with candy to make it be quiet?

Quote:
Jokes can be found VERY offensive at times. At certain times its also VERY inconsiderate, and inappropriate to make a joke.
Nerd rage. Nerd rage. This is a Star Wars forum. You should expect nerd rage in excess and not throw a fit when it gets pointed out. If you take issue with such an unobtrusive comment, frankly you need to shape up or ship out - the forums as they are obviously aren't for you.

Quote:
Consider your opinons not to be absolute.
Neither are yours. That the majority of posters in this thread disagree with them should make that all the more pertinent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: