View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 04:28 AM   #23
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Hey Darth Oilking, thanks for the useful opinions. I'll try to address a few of your questions.
- Yes, the one axe is supposed to be crooked, and yer right, it'll still chop a Vulker with ease.
- I'm glad you think that the club & hand axe look primative, since that's what I was aiming for. They're gonna be for Gammoreans, who are a really primitve species.
- Yeah, I just learned about A'Sharrad Hett myself, thanks to my new Star Wars: Panel to Panel book. Even though he's not actually Tusken, only a human in Tusken's clothes, I think it looks great.
- Cathar. Hmm, I'm still not sure if I want to make them really feline, or almost human, or somewhere in between. I guess I'm hoping for a few opinions. And yes, I do remember Vincent in all his lion-like glory. I also like the look of the cat people on the new Doctor Who series. Whereas the Stephen King movie Sleepwalkers had some simpler cat makeup that wasn't quite enough for me. The total feline look would be similar to the Egyptian goddess Bast (or Bastet), who had the head of a cat (or sometimes a lioness). Or even a were-cat, but I'd have to change the body models so that the legs were more animal like. So it seems that there are a lot of different routes I could go. all I know is that Juhani just doesn't look right to me (or a lot of other KotOR fans either), and I don't want to go down that road.
Any opinions are always welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serathas
pleas, if its possible, could you make more twi'lek pc models? (heads + body), or at least make the pc able to use it, that would be really awsome
Well, I'm slowly working on some, but it's going to take me quite a long while to do since I'm planning on a lot of details and multiple clothes. I just ordered myself a couple of books, Star Wars visual dictionary and Dressing the Galaxy (costumes of Star Wars), so that I'll have some good visual references from now on. I plan on making 6 underwears (Scout, Scoundrel & Soldier LS & DS), 12 regular clothes (4 each class), 4 jedi robes, plus 5 head skins for DS transitions. That's a total of 27 .tga files just for ONE Twi'lek! Plus any model work! Needless to say, it'll be a looooong time before this one is ready (I'm aiming for summer), but I'll make it worth the wait.
In the meantime, I'll still work on other mods at the same time.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,