View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 05:17 AM   #28
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Tried that once. Didn't work. You unconsciously do it anyway. Human nature.

At least it was for me...

Well... the new year is starting to turn on me already: the steam valve on the radiator in my room must have failed overnight, making a racket whenever the heat comes on... which it did at 3:30 am this morning.
Woke me up out a sound dead sleep. Yippee.

Couldn't have done that, say, yesterday (or any morning in the last 10 days, for that matter ) when it didn't matter if I was up early, because I had nowhere to go, and could have taken a nap in the afternoon if I so wished.

Oh well... I'll just report to work a bit earlier today than I had even planned... that way I'll get home that much earlier.

EDIT:

Yeah... the new year is biting me in the ass.

After I wrote that last bit, my comp starting crashing like crazy. Grooveshellextensions.dll (something to do with MS Office...) is causing errors in every program I tried to run. (A Microsoft program causing issues? God Forbid! )
I rebooted 5 or 6 times before I managed to get the system stable.

I have no idea what caused it... or how to fix it. It seems to be running OK at the moment... but I've no guarantee it's going to stay that way.

C'mon Microsoft... you are going to have to do better than this. I'm on the verge of jumping over to Apple as it is. Don't force my hand! (And here I was just singing the praises of the XBox, too...)

*Sigh*

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)

Last edited by edlib; 01-02-2008 at 06:24 AM.
edlib is offline   you may: