Thread: Phoenix Rising
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #85
Chandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YertyL
in one battle, I had a Star Destroyer and 2 Acclamators shooting at a MC80, and it survived with shields strength varying between 60 and 100% for about 5-10 minutes until it finally died from the Acclamator torpedos - seems a bit ... weird..?
Well, that's redundant MC shields at the same time.

Quote:
The second thing.. Immortal but no Executor? Cmon! IMO Vader should have his famed SSD, even if it costs his Praetor-class upgrade.
Yeah, I just ran out of time and never got around to it.

Quote:
It seems odd to have huge dreadnoughts available (and used by the AI) at the very beginning of the game...
Well, the AI needs to make smarter choices with what it builds.

Quote:
Another thing.. it might be nice if there was some way to speed up build times ...
Certain heroes do: Palpatine, Vader, Mothma...

Quote:
I do know that hero ships come fully upgraded, but that IMO still doesn't make it worth it ... perhaps 1,5 times the normal price minus the price of the previous upgrade...
It needs different pricing, I'd agree. I think I just made them all 200% and gave dreadnoughts some weird exception. I don't know, I'll redo it.

Quote:
Hero bonuses may be useful, but under any normal circumstances they just won't be as useful as 15.000 credits invested into regular units.
At the same time, I don't want them to be general-deployment units. I don't want players to build a fleet, build Thrawn, throw it at their enemies, rinse, and repeat. There must be some penalty for losing them, if it's no longer time. I also want to avoid situations where players just mass every hero available into one fleet and beat everything on their bonuses.

Quote:
I'd still say that tech is too expensive and takes too long.
You're still not supposed to be able to afford all of it . But I'll work on it. I might try lowering the starting cost of it.

By the way, are you talking upgrades or research? Because I did lower research since the mini-mod.

Quote:
why invest thousands of credits into canon fodder that one gets mostly for free anyways?
They're not free. Their cost is built into the cost of the carrier.

Quote:
EDIT2: One last thing ... no death star? That's just a bit...
I didn't like how it wasn't directly attackable, but that's kind of PG dropping the ball on that. Even if you could task fighters to attack/guard it like Rebellion, I probably would've kept it.

Quote:
I mean, while it's nice if a game is inherently logical and technically accurate, the three most important things about a SW game are IMO still that they are a) fun to play , and what contributes greatly to this that they b) capture the spirit of the movies and c) are somewhat balanced.
No offense, but if I have to blow up the Death Star in one more game, however indirectly, I'm probably going to lose it (Rebel Assault, X-wing, Dark Forces, Rebellion, X-wing: Alliance, Empire at War, Forces of Corruption, and Lethal Alliance, just for the record, and I'm probably missing some). Come on developers, it's time for something new! Stop trivializing the Death Star's destruction!
Chandler is offline   you may: quote & reply,