Thread: Phoenix Rising
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #87
Chandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YertyL
Yeah, but it's still kinda weird that an bombardement by 3 ships, including an ISD, is unable to drop those shields
I've increased damage and range of turbolasers and turboions by 150% and I like how it plays, it's just going to take a while to tweak all the hardpoints. To be honest, it's something that's been nagging me for a while now, so I'm glad it's fixed.

I played a match of 2 versus 2 Skirmish with the AI to test it and it was very intense, the Rebel team had my Golan down to about one-third hull before I was able to launch my Praetor II to counterattack. It lasted about an hour and I ended up winning. The MC shields are now more in line with turbolaser power: if you hit them right when an enemy capital powers to weapons, it essentially negates it. But if you power to weapons right after, there's a good chance you can drop them before the ability can recharge. So it's all about timing now, which is how I had intended.

Quote:
Well, heroes are still limited by the planets controlled - and even at a price of 2000 credits commander heroes would still be twice (or even four times) as expensive as a regular commander... IMO already enough to consider if it's worth buying them.
You have to consider non-combat abilities though too, which is part of the cost. Production time reduction, production cost reduction, system spy, etc. Still, it could use adjustment.

Quote:
Also, buying a hero with bonuses to certain ships normally shouldn't be worth it if your fleet does not heavily rely on these, since for all other ships that hero will propably be a regular fleet commander.
The idea is to build the fleet around the bonuses. It can make a noticeable difference if you tack on upgrades on top.

Quote:
Perhaps a way to avoid massing heroes while at the sime time making them valuable in certain situations would be to give them strong bonuses (perhaps 50% health 50% shields 50% damage or something?), but only for certain kinds of ships.
I'm probably going to look into redoing the numbers with Ground.

Quote:
I know I'm not supposed to afford it all But ATM I normally spend perhaps 30.000 credits into researching TIE Avengers lvl 3 and end up with maybe 12 squadrons or so and wondering if it was worth it.
Once I can get the AI to tech reliably, you won't have much of a choice. That's part of the arms race .

Quote:
Yeah OK, I can accept that I guess I agree that handling the Death Star "realistically" is a hard task.
I can't just have hero counters; not all heroes are going to be available on all campaigns.
Chandler is offline   you may: quote & reply,