View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 12:52 AM   #11
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I've become kind of attached to the first two games' engine. It kind of adds to their charm at this point for me. It also really creates a sense of unity between them, especially as far as modding and skinning go. I love being able to download new Mandalorian skins, for example, and be able to use the textures in both games for the sake of continuity.

As much as a new game engine would certainly be a good thing, I feel that it would shatter that feeling should the next installment continue the stories of Revan and the Exile. If, however, once the Revan trilogy is completed and they wish to continue in this era with more KOTOR games, exploring entirely different story lines, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a new engine being integrated into a later installment. But not KOTOR III, if it's continuing where the story left off. We need that sense of unity between the games of the same story, and that includes the aesthetics.

Then again, there is a drastic difference in the game engines between Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast, but it's different when each installment is of a different era with different graphics. (Not including the spin-off titles, Mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Academy here, just the games of the main story following Kyle Katarn.) It's perfectly fine when each new installment comes to us with a new game engine like that, but when two or more installments share the same engine, as the first two KOTOR games have done, introducing a new engine distracts from the feeling of continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,