View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((Joint post with SM))

From the other side of the operating bed/table, Raelyn's voice answered. "Your new doctor rearranged the place, and then thought he ought to be sleeping," she murmured. Then, she stood, rising into view from behind the bed. "I can wake him if you like..."

"That won't be necessary," Alec stated. "Just point in the direction of the headache pills."

Raelyn smiled faintly and shook her head. "No," she said softly. "Point one, I haven't a clue where they are. Point two, they won't help you."

"I thought your brother was the doctor and you were just his odd little sister," Alec grumbled as he walked over to one of the cabinet and opened it to look for some pills.

Raelyn laughed. "He is, and I am," she replied simply. She quickly added, "Just... don't rearrange things... Cole gets cranky when that happens."

She fell silent for another moment and then insisted, "But really, medication to dull your pain-inducing nerve endings is going to do very little for you."

"What would you know?" Alec snapped.

"I know what I see," Raelyn replied. "Or rather, what you see... what you saw, what you hear..."

"Sure," Alec dismissed, finding the pills he wanted and taking two out of the container. He quickly popped both in his mouth and swallowed. "You're a little mind reader." He stated putting the bottle in his pocket and walking out of the room.

"Yes, that's right," Raelyn agreed, walking out behind him. She poked a finger at his shoulder. "You been seein' a Jedi..."

"We all did, remember? She disintegrated when a plasma grenade exploded." He continued, pretending nothing was wrong. Raelyn sighed.

"But you did after that. And whispers too... little voices in your head." She stopped walking, though he did not. "Like I said, headache pills won't help you..." She grinned. "You got yourself a Jedi conscience..."

"And a psychic pain in the ass," he called out as he walked into his room and closed the door behind him. Raelyn laughed and returned to the med bay.

"At least he didn't ask me for help in getting her out," she concluded aloud. "I'm a reader, not an exorcist..."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,