View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #19
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
((OOC: joint post with Steven))

Jo looked up at the number engraved in stone on the lintel of the building. “Number 66, Leeds Street.” She looked down at the card in her hand to verify the address written on it. “Yup, this is the place.” She looked at the surrounding neighbourhood. Not a seedy place, but one of those neighbourhoods where it wasn’t wise to let your guard down. Instinctively, she tightened her grip on her handbag before smoothing crease marks off her skirt and adjusting her glasses. “Well, here goes nothing.”

She started up the short staircase that led to the front door.

"So I'll see ya'all in half an hour," Claude to his teammates before stepping outside the office room. He observed the ring with great detail. It didn't look that special, in fact looked quite similar to the rings you'd expect to find on Ozzy Osbourne. Also, it didn't give off any special feelings like most mystial objects in Claude's line of work. Maybe it didn't have any real purpous, but who cares, the company still got paid.

As he continued to look at the ring, he headed down the stairs, not looking where he was going, and when he turned one of the sharp corners, he nearly collided with someone, which caused Claude stumble backwards, during which he nearly tripped over a stair and dropped the ring.

"Phew, that was a close call," he muttered as he leaned down to pick up the ring that stood at the edge of a step.

Jo had beaten him to it and was already dusting the ring off. “You really should be more careful when walking down stairs,” she told him as she casually handed it to him.

"You should more careful when walking up the stairs," Claude replied cheekily before accepting the ring from her. "Just wondering, but touching the ring, you don't happen to get any strange feelings, thoughts, anything? No?"

“No.” Jo blinked, then stared at him. He seemed at bit… odd to her. “No strange feeling about the ring,” she said dryly.

"Okay," Claude replied before giving her a friendly smile. He then slid the ring into his pocket before saying, "Have a good day."

“Yes, you, too,” Jo replied. Then she added hurriedly, “Erm… excuse me, but could you tell me exactly what floor Third Eye Investigations is on?”

"Well errmm…. yeah, that’s were I work. It's on the second floor, not too far," Claude replied before giving her an inquisitive look. "Is something the matter ma'am? Cause if it involves the catacombs, then you're better off asking someone else. But if it's not the catacombs then you've got to the right place."

“Catacombs?” Jo cocked an eyebrow. “No. Nothing to do with cats, combs, or any combination thereof. I just want to hire an investigator.” She looked Claude over. “You don’t look like a ‘Danni-ella’ Santos though. Is she in?”

"Danniela? Oh wait, you mean wolf woman. She likes to be called Dania, and erm, yeah, she was talking with the boss last time I saw her," Claude replied.

Jo gave Claude a deadpan stare. “Right. So, that means you are not the boss.” She exhaled a small sigh of relief. “Thank you for your help.”

Jo left the strange man that she had met, and started up the stairs. In a moment, she was standing in front of a door with a silver plaque that read, ‘Third Eye Investigations.’

She opened the door and went inside.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)