Thread: New SWG MMORPG
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #16
Athono
Lurker

I disagree with those who say that in this timeline there should be no Jedi. I guess Obi wan and Yoda weren't Jedi and Luke trained himself. I do agree that Jedi should not just be a click away. It should be a challenge to become a Jedi. That is the way it was in all the movies and books. For a true SW experience only a certain low percentage of the galaxies population would have the nessacary midichlorian levels to even be considered for training in the Jedi arts. If it were easy everyone would do it (which is pretty much what we have now. Hey I am tired of this prof think I will be a Jedi.) Furthermore in this timeline which is after episode 4 and prior to episode 6 Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine were seeking the destruction of all the Jedi. So anyone exhibiting force sensitivity would be hunted down and killed, or made to serve the empire. So flashing your lightsaber in public or use of force powers in public should draw attention, and not be an everyday occurence. I hear that is how it was pre-nge/pre-cu. Also for those who say there should be no Jedi I say this watch the movies it is a series of 6 movies that revolve around the Jedi and the Sith. Groan all you want facts are facts. Without the struggle of the Jedi vs. the Sith Star wars is just another run of the mill Sci-Fi movie that probably wouldn't have had 2 sequels and 3 prequels.
Athono is offline   you may: quote & reply,