View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
A hypothetical question

You know how there are mods in development for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy to recreate such classic Star Wars games as Dark Forces, the original Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, and Shadows of the Empire? Well, I think it's safe to assume that Knights of the Old Republic III will utilize a newer, more advanced engine such as that of Mass Effect. (I was initially against the idea, as I stated in another thread here somewhere; but after seeing screen shots from Mass Effect -- which I've never played -- of the character customization as well as gameplay captures, I've since changed my stance on this matter.)

My question is, once KOTOR 3 is released, do you think any modding teams would get together to remake KOTORs 1 and 2 as total-conversion mods for the third game, with the latest graphics engine and mechanics? Would you like to see such a thing happen? How likely would it be that such a project would even be attempted? (We're not even necessarily talking completion here.)

Now, don't misunderstand the purpose of this thread: I'm not trying to call teams together to make such mods. All I'm asking is if you think this will happen, or even be attempted? Would you like to see it happen? Would you even possibly participate in such a project if you happen to be a modder yourself?

As for my personal thoughts on this matter, I would love to see this happen. And I'd love to see many mod ideas for the original versions of these games taken into account when remaking them, such as restoration work, technical fixes, the Weapons of the Old Republic mod, and many other reworkings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,