View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #15
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

I quite agree with you Darthvandar205. Hence my comment about how on earth they got the most wanted Jedi knight within twelve sectors past at least one checkpoint and numerous guards patrolling a pair of plazas without noticeably killing anyone.
There are, however, some parts of the game that should not be considered canon due either to appearance or improbability.

What I mean by the later is this, a light freighter with hyperdrive and fuel to make a great many hops round the Galaxy without taking a refueling stop yet it has no 'fresher unit. (Star Wars name for the bathroom) This is ridiculous, plainly a game mechanics thing.

What I mean by the former is this. Other Star Wars media may portray certain things appearing in KotOR. Of those I am aware I will now post them and the places wherein they are portrayed more accurately.

The Solari crystal (portrayed correctly in Star Wars Tales Shadows and Light)

Tukata beasts (correctly shown in: Star Wars Tales Shadows and Light, Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith, Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith, The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons)

The Valley of the Dark Lords in general (Star Wars Tales Shadows and Light, Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith, and to a lesser extent, Empire's End and Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith)

The Tomb of Marka Ragnos (Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy to a lesser extent)

The Enigmatic Tomb of Naga Sadow (Star Wars Tales Shadows and Light [Interior assumed to be fairly accurate])

The Qel-Droma robes (Star Wars Tales Shadows and Light)

The Jedi Academy on Dantooine is also shown to be larger in (Knights of the Old Republic Volume 1 Commencement, Star Wars Tales Shadows and Light, Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith, and the much loved KotOR 2)

Other things I'd recommend to your friend include introducing and making reference to an enormous array of other events, creatures, and specific individuals glimpsed in other Star Wars media. But that is up to the author. And, please take note, I am by no means an authority on the subjects of writing or Star Wars.

-Bearer ti ato Krijinia.

"Raking is easy, but all you get is leaves. Digging is hard, but you may find gold.”
-John Piper

“Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”
-God

"Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!"
-Feanor to Morgoth
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,