View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 03:15 AM   #19
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVandar205
How Carth and Revan could walk around Taris doing all the things they did with their faces out in the open and the sith dont even notice them. They may not have been looking for them but you still think the sith wouldve accessed the Republic Database on Endar Spire and passed their holos around to the local sith patrols.

How Canderous and the others got to the Ebon Hawk aboard the Leviathan through the hallway Revan and his group go through later and Canderous supposedly cleared it but when Revan goes through its populated by guards again.

How the Ebon Hawk being one of the most wanted ships in Sith space got to Koriban and landed without the sith realizing their presence and trying to stop them. Youd think between Czerka and the Sith Academy, the local sith there would know that ship was the Ebon Hawk and the staff there would immediately recognize Revan and his bunch.
Precisely this one's point. And I was only using the 'freshers as an example of a general principle. It seems to me KotOR lacks environmental varriation and
detail as compared to other forms of Star Wars media such as the films and novels.
Other things that naturally ought to be discussed is what party members do with their downtime, where they go out to eat, assuming they do, and what everyone else does during Revan's initial swoop race, Revan's training. (I can't imagine them liking being cooped up in the academy for months)

Perhaps one could, for a change of veiw, follow another character's actions during the game climax (from Rakkata temple onward) observing how Revan behaves while the party is still together, then switching back to him when the time comes for him to go solo.

Another thing one chap on fanfiction.net did was expand the approach to the starforge with a starfighter attack. I also think it important that Revan really struggle to control his pain and anger over everything from what Malak did to Taris and Dantooine to the deaths he feels all about during the final battle.

Developing squad based strategies for a ten person party could also be cool. I always thought it an incredible waste of manpower to only have two buddies with you to invade a space station, even if Mission and T3 aren't the best warriors.
Also, could Revan get in trouble for stealing (assuming he does steal in the fic) at least once? It annoys me that I never get in trouble for barging in except in a few violent cases.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

"Raking is easy, but all you get is leaves. Digging is hard, but you may find gold.”
-John Piper

“Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.”
-God

"Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!"
-Feanor to Morgoth
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,