Thread: The Verpax
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
Vash had woken up with a start. A pain coursed through his head, soon traveling to the rest of his body. He felt like he'd been hit by a Sandsteamer, his body ached, and he couldn't quite recollect what had happened.

Vash slowly pushed up from the floor he was lying face down on. He felt something heavy pressing on his back, but almost immediately recognize it as his - actually his friend, Wolfwood's - Cross Punisher. Vash got one leg up, putting his hand on his knee he pushed himself up completely, the weapon on his back falling to the floor with a loud thud, which caused the strange armored 'bird-thing' outside the white energy field to look in on him. It gave out a low clicking hiss, but said nothing.

"Uh, hi there, you wouldn't happen to know where my coat is, would you?" Vash asked, noticing he wasn't wearing his customary red long-coat, which had his guns with it. The 'bird-folk' only hissed, but it reluctantly motioned to the corner of his cell.

"Oh...Well thank you!" Vash replied kindly. He moved over to his coat, picking it up off of the floor, he slipped it on, buttoning it up quickly, and checking his holsters and guns. Vash looked around a little more until his eyes settled on a yellow glint in the shadows. He moved over there, picking the object up, which was found to be his yellow sunglasses, which he slipped into his coat pocket.

Moving over to the strange energy field, Vash stared out at what looked to be a futuristic version of a dungeon, or something close to that. But he noticed he wasn't alone in this dungeon, the opposite cells were filled with people too. Vash only rubbed his bloody, scarred, bruised, and slightly swollen face. After all, he did remember being beaten mercilessly while he lay prone on the ground by a bunch of 'bird-folk,' they had come after him and his brother, Knives. Yes, now he remembered.

Suddenly a loud shriek rent the air, the cells opened, the energy field deactivating. His guard moved in to herd him out, Vash simply backed away a bit, bending down, he lifted up the Cross Punisher, and then moved out of the cell without a fight, his guard keeping pace behind him. Vash looked around, noticing the vast assortment of people, most looked normal enough, though he could tell that they didn't come from the same place he did.

“Welcome to the Verpax,” said a different looking, and dressed, 'bird-folk.'

“I am Sklar’lak, your investor and practical owner. Here you will fight, and if necessary, die for all the pleasure of my fellow citizens. Not a great proposition to you, but I don’t intend to send you out there to die. In fact, I will be as necessary to your survival as the weapons that have been left on you until you either get yourself killed or secure your freedom and return to your home. To secure your freedom you have to do but two simple things: don’t get killed by the creatures you’re sent against, and be the best of the best. That is all that needs to be said, though I am open for questions before you all are put through your combat exercises. Anyone?”

Vash was silent, he was calculating what the strange creature had said, but outwardly, he was smiling, though to a trained eye, it was an empty smile.

A person to his right began asking questions, more like spouting sarcastic remarks, but then, he, and another, vanished! Vash raised a curious eyebrow, that was an interesting trick, but he'd seen something very similar before, when he had fought the 'Gung Ho Guns.'

"Should be illegal," he heard the fellow mutter as he had reapeared, the collars on the two's necks preventing them from doing anything. 'Can't be illegal if it's not your worlds,' Vash thought to himself.

"Two questions, actually. What the hell are you, and where are we?" Vash heard someone ask, looking around, he noticed it was a very large, green, and if he did say so, really ugly guy, whether he was human, Vash couldn't tell.

“I’m a Sovonion, and though I won’t get into any specifics about our race, we have the ability to travel to different universes thanks to the ones before. As for where you are, you’re in our universe. To be more specific, since humans and their look-alikes seem to want all the answers, you’re on the artificial planet Vernoxia at the very center of our universe. To be even more specific you’re in the Verpax, a battleground for the most vicious creatures from all corners of existence against the best sentient creatures we can find in existence. Or at least we try to. These combat exercises will determine whether or not you’re up to par with what we have in store.”

“Any others?” He heard the 'Sovonian,' or Sklar, as he called himself, answer.

"Just one more," came a reply from the person on his right again. But instead of a real question, the guy charged the Sovonian, dissapearing, and then reappearing in front of him by no more than half a foot, but the 'bird-folk' simply grabbed the mallet, and tossed the young man, though he had the maturity of a boy, back to where he had been standing, which was very impressive in Vash's book.

"Okey doke," the boy responded, seemingly defused of all his gusto [sp?], not to mention his pride, and dignity."That's all the questions from me..."

"Genius..." He heard the boy's ladyfriend say sarcastically.

Vash snickered, and then spoke to the boy, "I suggest you listen to your ladyfriend, sir. You'll live a lot longer. And it's not polite to ignore women." Vash grinned at the two, though, more primarily at the woman, his old lecher-like ways rearing it's head once again. But Vash turned back to the moment at hand, he himself did have a question, and it was a smart, non-violent one.

"Yeah, I've got a rather practical question," Vash spoke out to Sklar. "What will you do about our ammo? We will start running out, after all," Vash asked, he wanted to know how a super-advanced race of aliens would supply them with rudimentary stock, he imagined they didn't produce bullets themselves, or even used projectile weapons anymore.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)

Last edited by Master_Archon; 02-21-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,