View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Here's some of my additions:

CPU:
AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 Brisbane 2.1GHz 45W
Energy efficient to the max and still quite overclockable, a very good performer for low power consumption PCs but it still packs enough power and OC headroom to be considered as an alternative to the 5000+ Black Edition, though only if the lower TDP appeals to you...It can be had cheaper than what it says on that newegg link though

PSU:
Corsair CMPSU-550VX ATX12V V2.2 550W
Extremely good value for money, won some awards in the UK IIRC.

Case:
Coolermaster RC-690
It's just good and it looks good

CPU cooling:
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro V2
Cheap n awesome

* For the UK people among us, Scan.co.uk is the online retailer to use, hands down (compare it to newegg for the States )

My ultimate value/killer rig (UK retailer orientated) would be:
CPU - AMD AM2 Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition / Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro V2
Mobo - Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe NF570 SLI
Memory - 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2
GPU - 512MB Sapphire HD3850
HDD - 500GB Samsung Spinpoint
Optical Drive - Samsung SH-S203D
PSU - 550w Corsair VX
Case - Coolermaster CM-690 V2 Dominator Black

And last but not least:

Monitor - 22" Samsung SM-2232BW Black

I do admit there are probably cheaper alternatives for the monitor, but none as awesome I'll tell you that

For the record, this is what I'd love to build with the market being the way it is...Realistically, I'll probably jump on Astro's bandwagon and get a Shuttle for my next rig as it would be my first self-build and it would save me the whole Case/PSU/Mobo headache so I can minimize my screw-ups

Wow, is it bedtime already?

Edit: I just noticed this post has more smilies than I thought, I'm not an annoying twat just your friendly neighbourhood Belgian tech-enthusiast who likes to be nice, Goodnight

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,