Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #779
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
29 Feb

The Last Hope: Episode One - The True Sith
DarthJebu05

Some editing problems, nothing that canít be corrected. The flow is a little off, and youíre pushing the pace. Ease off a bit, allow the story to flow naturally.

The premise is interesting so far. I am wondering how you are going to explain not only Revanís longevity but how the Star Forge still exists.

Just a Dream
Tatooine92

After the return from the Unknown Regions: The past never really lets go

Several people have commented, and I think what I say here fits pretty well. The work is excellent, the possibility that the dream is a foreboding very real. Worth every second.

Pick of the week.

A stroll on Dxun . . .
Yggdrasil

On Dxun: An interesting walk leads to an equally interesting conversation

The piece started out a bit strange, but immediately became a riot. Put it this way, just picturing Visas begging for a spanking, then Visas in bondage gear cracked me up, and it didnít stop there. Excellent!

Pick of the week

Look at Me
Hijozu Shan

Peragus Escape: With a little help from your friends.

My only complaint is the brevity of the piece. The scene is well portrayed, the fear and cajoling well done. It makes Atton a bit more than a part of the scenery, and makes the Exile a bit less of a superwoman.

Wounds
Exile Starrcast

After TSL: The Exile considers what her life must be

The piece is excellent introspection, the end a bit of a surprise. I would say it was too short; considering the subject though, it was perfect in every way.

Pick of the Week.

Who' afraid of the big bad kinrath?
kattalez

On Dantooine: Everyone must face their fear, some just do it in different ways.

The piece has interesting quirks for both characters. The Exile afraid of the dark and bugs, and AttonÖ

Well worth a read.

Stowaway
Kitome

Aboard Ebon Hawk: What frightens you?

The piece made me grin. People are always teased about their phobias, and seeing the comeuppance was poetic justice. The Exiles last line even better.

The Mind Killer"
DarthExile

After TSL: Has Atton really changed?

There was a blurb on the Light Side Female Exile page for this one. I donít think the comment did the story justice. This is a look at a totally dark dream, one bad enough you would expect the dreamer to awake screaming.

Oh, and DarthExile, thanks for the advice. I read this at 2 in the afternoon. Iím glad I did.

Pick of the Week

Prelude to Chaos
WeaponsMaster Conroy

Originally reviewed July 7, 2006 authored as Dark Lord of the Bith

My review then stands;

The girl who will later be the Exile goes into her first battle.
The biggest problem with RPGs in comparison to books and stories is there's a lot of back story that never gets told. Our friend DLOTB covers an important point in the life of the main character of TSL, and does it well. The character is well fleshed out, and some of the background is excellent. The comment about her using a force choke on an enemy troop attacking an animal tells you more about her than most even try.
This is the second person I reviewed this week that makes me wish I had the time to read all of their works.

Reprise Pick of the Week.

Pazaak: Juma Rules
Qt314159

After Onderon Civil War: Different rules make a game interestingÖ

There were a number of times you forgot conversation breaks. That said I canít think of enough good things to say. Each character was well portrayed, the scenes one after another a riot!
Pick of the week

The Confession
Trillian4210

On Nar Shaddaa: Attonís confession

The scene is well laid, the flashback laying out all of what Atton had done and why. My problem is that now I not only have another pick of the week, but problems figuring which is going to be best of the best

Message in a Datapad
Darth Meatbag

Originally posted July 21st, 2006. With this review

Set during KOTOR II: The Exile gets a message from her lost love.

The style is good, the story well done, the subject matter excellent.

Reprise Pick of the week

The Last Hope: Episode One - The True Sith
DarthJebu05

Some editing problems, nothing that canít be corrected. The flow is a little off, and youíre pushing the pace. Ease off a bit, allow the story to flow naturally.

The premise is interesting so far. I am wondering how you are going to explain not only Revanís longevity but how the Star Forge still exists.

Just a Dream
Tatooine92

After the return from the Unknown Regions: The past never really lets go

Several people have commented, and I think what I say here fits pretty well. The work is excellent, the possibility that the dream is a foreboding very real. Worth every second.

Pick of the week.

A stroll on Dxun . . .
Yggdrasil

On Dxun: An interesting walk leads to an equally interesting conversation

The piece started out a bit strange, but immediately became a riot. Put it this way, just picturing Visas begging for a spanking, then Visas in bondage gear cracked me up, and it didnít stop there. Excellent!

Pick of the week

Look at Me
Hijozu Shan

Peragus Escape: With a little help from your friends.

My only complaint is the brevity of the piece. The scene is well portrayed, the fear and cajoling well done. It makes Atton a bit more than a part of the scenery, and makes the Exile a bit less of a superwoman.

Wounds
Exile Starrcast

After TSL: The Exile considers what her life must be

The piece is excellent introspection, the end a bit of a surprise. I would say it was too short; considering the subject though, it was perfect in every way.

Pick of the Week.

Who' afraid of the big bad kinrath?
kattalez

On Dantooine: Everyone must face their fear, some just do it in different ways.

The piece has interesting quirks for both characters. The Exile afraid of the dark and bugs, and AttonÖ

Well worth a read.

Stowaway
Kitome

Aboard Ebon Hawk: What frightens you?

The piece made me grin. People are always teased about their phobias, and seeing the comeuppance was poetic justice. The Exiles last line even better.

The Mind Killer"
DarthExile

After TSL: Has Atton really changed?

There was a blurb on the Light Side Female Exile page for this one. I donít think the comment did the story justice. This is a look at a totally dark dream, one bad enough you would expect the dreamer to awake screaming.

Oh, and DarthExile, thanks for the advice. I read this at 2 in the afternoon. Iím glad I did.

Pick of the Week

Prelude to Chaos
WeaponsMaster Conroy

Originally reviewed July 7, 2006 authored as Dark Lord of the Bith

My review then stands;

The girl who will later be the Exile goes into her first battle.
The biggest problem with RPGs in comparison to books and stories is there's a lot of back story that never gets told. Our friend DLOTB covers an important point in the life of the main character of TSL, and does it well. The character is well fleshed out, and some of the background is excellent. The comment about her using a force choke on an enemy troop attacking an animal tells you more about her than most even try.
This is the second person I reviewed this week that makes me wish I had the time to read all of their works.

Reprise Pick of the Week.

Pazaak: Juma Rules
Qt314159

After Onderon Civil War: Different rules make a game interestingÖ

There were a number of times you forgot conversation breaks. That said I canít think of enough good things to say. Each character was well portrayed, the scenes one after another a riot!
Pick of the week

The Confession
Trillian4210

On Nar Shaddaa: Attonís confession

The scene is well laid, the flashback laying out all of what Atton had done and why. My problem is that now I not only have another pick of the week, but problems figuring which is going to be best of the best

Message in a Datapad
Darth Meatbag

Originally posted July 21st, 2006. With this review

Set during KOTOR II: The Exile gets a message from her lost love.

The style is good, the story well done, the subject matter excellent.

Reprise Pick of the week

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,