View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #8
Heavyarms
The Buckeye Maneater!!!

Location: America, the Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave!
Well, Clinton I believe should stay in. She has every reason to. The delegate count is close, and I think she can get the superdelegates if she wins PA and wins Michigan and Florida (who will revote, and she will get at least one of those, Florida.)

The problem with the Democrats is the proportional district voting system. If you win 58% of the vote, you don't get 58% of that state's delegates. You get whatever district's delegates you won. The idea is so that you need a broad base across the state, not just concentrated areas. Upon reflection, this may have been used to stop minorities from running up votes in their districts for certain candidates (particularly Jesse Jackson). Same reason there's superdelegates: a check on who's being elected.

Sound ridiculous? It shouldn't. It's very obvious that racism is alive and well. However, now the system will change, and it will be gone because of this election. Expect in 2012 (if there's a democrat primary) to be a system that mirrors the GOP.

Will this hurt the Dems? Maybe. It could push McCain's campaign off the radar, and then the Dems have total control of what's going on. In the end, it may really help them. On the other hand (and I think this is much more likely), Clinton will close the delegate gap enough so that the difference is less than 50. She also could possibly shrink the popular vote lead Obama has and turn it in her favor. She's got a good case: she's won every major state but one, I think. Obama's won small states.

Oh, and I like McCain. I want someone who's gonna go after the bad guys, not like Clinton who wants to leave Iraq, and not Obama's (really) strange foreign policy ideas.

Proud to be an American.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke
Heavyarms is offline   you may: quote & reply,