View Single Post
Old 10-02-2001, 07:32 PM   #6
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Well, I must say this game is looking sweet.

The architecture looks okay...but I'm more interested in the scale of it. In the Nice Weapon pic, for example, you can see people in the distance - and they are quite far away. I believe my concerns about the size of the levels in JK2 could be laid to rest. Especially if the same scale is used vertically.

In the pic Close Combat, you can really see the detail on the Gran - including the fact that his mouth is properly modelled, not just a texture. It would be really cool if the three eyes are independently animated. And is that a Thermal Detonator I see before me? It has a more utilitarian look, and I think I like it.

There's not really much to say about the Multiplayer pic except that gun looks a little bit too big. I initially thought it was the Bryar pistol, but it seems to be different. Could be the Flechette gun as someone else suggested.

The Rodian in the Green Menace pic is also very good. Why are they all wearing white though?

I like the model of the ship in the background.

The 2 on 1 pic again shows the sheer scale of the level being played. Look how far away that green Bowcaster shot is, and the player just to the left of it. And that's a very nice arch those two Kyle's are coming through. Nice.

The characters and weapons have been very nicely modelled and textured throughout.

I hope they will add a lot of other objects to break up some of the sparser-looking architecture...like on JK's Baron's Hed level. You know, people selling wares, maybe some wall tapestries...things like that to add some colour. I'm sure we'll see lots of NPCs, droids etc. as well.

I have a feeling this is going to be another one of my favourite games of all time.

Great work, Raven. ;-)
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,