Thread: New SWG MMORPG
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #20
Fishflesh
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streen47
I couldn't agree more, DM. Quests were severely lacking at launch, and I think even now they still lack in creativity. But at least there was the opportunity to be unique in a thriving world, when the possible combinations of skills you could have were virtually unlimited.

The problem I saw from the beginning though, was the background storyline and the time frame. In the era the game was supposed to be in, there should have been NO Jedi whatsoever. To this day I can't figure out why they didn't choose a different time frame.
I can explain that for you, thay picked the timeline whit intention to not alow jedi in the game, only very few for the real hardcore playerbase whit perment death, but then the playerbase started whining a lot, so thay removed permented death , and from one thing comes another and invested a lot of time intro Jedi's since all the kids wanted to be it...Its not the Timeline thats the problem ...its the Jedi! If thay had no jedi's as playable class or kept in permant death and no futher invesment intro develpment, it would have been a mighty fine game today...hope this explains it

"how can they be jamming us if they dont know we're comming... its a trap all fighters break off the shield is still up!" "are you sure? i cant get a reading" "admiral we have no ships in sector 4!" "its a trap!"
Fishflesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,