View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #34
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"None you should know about and even less of which you should ask about," Eldir told Icarian.

"'Well, that leaves only a few options open for who the lady is who was following us,'" Icarian muttered to himself. Icarian only smiled at the dwarf when he asked about Icarian, who slowed his pace down so the cart, and Eldir would get ahead of him.

"Only a thief walks with as light of a step as yours even on city streets. Are you following someone or going to join the group, for you may not pass if it is the first one," Icarian heard someone say behind him. Icarian was curious, it seemed the stalker was found out, by somebody else though, he wanted a closer look, actually, he wanted a look period, he didn't have eyes on the back of his head after all.

"I do not follow to steal, but to return." Came the voice of a female, somewhat elven by what Icarian could tell with his training. "But perhaps you might do the deed and save me the trouble of explaining how it came to me. It belongs to the Elven bard. He dropped it upon entering the city. It was picked up and discarded once, and I got it from the ground. The connection to the bard was made when he observed me in the tavern and came over for a chat." The voice continued.

"If you wish to block my path, then I will not complain," She finished. By this time Icarian had slowed down so much he was moving at a snail's pace, and facing backwards at that, as he observed and listened in on what was occuring behind him, though, more like in front of him now. "But the pouch must be returned, so if you insist on keeping me from my goal, you must complete it yourself."

"I will take this to him, for I do not trust you near the Dwarf's cart. I am not being payed for naught" The centaur said to the elven woman, actually, half-elven from what Icarian could note about her appearance and voice, the two things that helped him distinguish a person most when 'scouting'. But, unfortunately, Icarian was so caught up 'scouting' he didn't notice the centaur rushing towards him, luckily he went by Icarian, but the nymph was still caught offguard, and ended up landing on his duff in the dirt.

"Ow, that hurt, I need to pay more attention," Icarian said, but was unable to continue further as a rough, cold hand lifted him bodily from the ground.

"I knew I would find you at one of the gates, what were you thinking!? Nevermind, the trade agreement with this town fell through, I wasn't able to get any notable answers from them so I left," came the not-too-pleased voice of Icarian's friend, 'Seth'. "What is this, a caravan?" He asked the Dryad.

"Yeah, it seems so," Icarian told 'Seth'.

"We could use you on our trip. If you want a safe trip to Stonehaven or Port Jasper, come with us," Icarian caught from up ahead, coming from the cart calling out to the half-elf.

"From what I can tell they're paying, and we do need the money 'Seth', so how about we join? You wanted to go to Port Jasper anyway," Icarian continued to tell the reformed Yuan-Ti.

"Fine, I'll ask the dwarf, but the centaur better not try to trample me, or I'll give him a bite he'll remember!" 'Seth' told Icarian, still a bit agitated.

"'Please don't, I just made a new friend with the bard, I don't need you ruining it by biting someone,'" Icarian muttered after 'Seth'. Icarian watched as 'Seth' went towards the cart, and then he began to untie the cloth from his head, his springy red hair bouncing up immediately, as if it had been waiting to be freed. Icarian paused, looking between the half-elf and the cart which was still moving slowly away from them. Icarian walked after the cart finally, but he moved slowly so he could 'guard the rear'.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,