View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #46
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolInTheWave
Please people, be supportive of your own country.
I have no problem supporting my own country when my country makes smart decisions that are morally justified. This case meets neither of those criteria.

Quote:
At least the US citizens supported America's cause in WWII, and this led to a victory for democracy and peace for the world.
Right because some of our actions in WWII were morally justified.

Quote:
Vietnam was a different story though. Hippies and other Americans didn't support American troops one bit, we lost that war and now America is still technically still at war with Korea. If this war turns out to be like Vietnam we could have a nuclear crysis on our hands.
We lost Vietnam because of the hippies? I thought it was because we rushed headlong into a protracted ground war against guerrilla forces fighting for autonomy along side a corrupt pro-U.S. government. Wait....

Quote:
If we pull out of Iraq now, terrorists groups could conquer other middle eastern countries, stock pile their resources and launch a full scale attack on American soil.
No chance we'd see them crossing the ocean in their pontoons is there?

Quote:
It would be worse than 9/11 by far. So instead of complaining about the War on Terror, be supportive of the country that you live in, the troops that fight and defend our country. War is not a pretty thing, its just that this war seems worse because the press is all over in Iraq.
There is more than one way to support our fighting soldiers. Allowing them to continue dying in an illegal, unjustifiable war doesn't strike me as being the best of them.

Thanks for your post.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,