View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #65
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'm a Christian too, however.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrdias
However, I've found some inconsistencies on your questions: If you don't believe in God why you ask this type of questions?(some here give you answers but you just "refuse" them)
"The unexamined life is not worth living". - Socrates

Achilles has his burden of proof, I don't think its a matter of refusing them, so much as the answers, he does not feel have answered his questions, or have failed to meet the said burden of proof.

Quote:
And why do you say that God demand the death of many innocent people in the Bible? It's clear that you hadn't read the bible, or you just read what it's necessary to criticize.
A rather arrogant presumption, how do you know he hasn't read the whole Bible?

Quote:
Just an advice: If you read the entire Bible (don't take it all literally, some things are methafores among other things) you'll find the answers for those questions and maybe learn something more.
This is based upon the above presumption; I know athiest theologians (I'm sure Achilles would think their jobs pointless ) they have read the whole Bible, but wouldn't think as you do.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,