View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #52
luckyariot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
That's not force protect. It's just the armor on Vader's suit..
...? Where was that confirmed? I thought that was one of those Han-shot-first moments...

Quote:
1. The [aforementioned] insane force powers.
(nod, nod)
Quote:
2. It follows the plot device entitled "When in doubt, resurrect the old main villain".
It wasn't done too badly, all things considered, but otherwise I agree that it is overdone.
Quote:
It's even lamer that he can resurrect himself over and over with the clone bodies junk.
See above. But, we all knew the 'cloned-villain-returning' was coming...
Quote:
5. The unneeded load of overpowered superweapons that Palpatine whips up like popcorn.
Exactly my thoughts.
Quote:
7. Palpatine acts like gigantic flaming moron throughout Dark Empire, but the magnitude of his idiocy doesn't hit full force until the climax, where he decides that his best course of action is (in order to escape death from his current degenerating body) to transfer his mind into the body of an infant. Just what the hell was he thinking?
See above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
how come it's DS to harm human beings with Lighting, but purely LS to blow up droids? Can't droids feel pain?
Yeah... was wondering about that and if it is actually lightning or that's just a gaming visual effect like the sparkles during battle meditation. I'm pretty sure though, that Stun/Destroy Droid, etc. only short-circits the droid, which may not nessisarily cause pain like torture where they remain 'concious'.

I seem to be a minority on these boards, since I see nothing wrong with attaching the real-world confusing identities of light and dark to Star Wars, as long as the light and dark exist. But most of the power's alignments seem determined by the user's intent and their use, while others are clearly light or dark (Force Healing and Force Lightning respectively)...yeah, I have nothing else to say now.
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,