View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #67
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan.Ragnos.85
Ok, I am thinking I must have done something wrong here. I just moved the .ini file onto the desktop, edited it, then moved it back into the KOTOR folder. Is there a reason that wouldnt work?
From the example you quoted earlier I think there are TWO files you have to edit, and this would also explain why you couldn't edit the one in the KotOR directory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matinee suxxx
heres what you do: go into the program files/lucasarts then click on the swkotor.ini and drag it to youre desktop, then go to (just type this in in the bar on the top) user\whatever the name\AppData\Local\Virtualstore then click on prgram files, then lucas arts, then swkotor then the swkotor.ini file. then add the enablecheats=1 line and save. then go to the swkotor file on youre desktop and do the same then drag it back into the program file that you took it out of. check both of the swkotor.ini files to make sure they are the same. if you really want to check if they work first go into the file and change "disable sound=0" to "disable sound=1" ***ON BOTH SWKOTOR FILES*** if you do not make any changes to both files nothing will happen. but be carefull read my first thing about the whole color streeks because that might happen to you.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,