View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I'm having a fine time using the features already. I think it'll cut down some of the spamming that goes on in threads that we now have to delete, so that's a positive. I don't think it's going to affect community that much. The people who are going to form separate groups have already done so on IM, Skype, etc. This just keeps it all in one place instead of scattering it all over the internet. I think it's useful in that respect--when I get a new message, PM, etc, I get a popup and can click that instead of having to leave the forum entirely to go to MSN/IRC/etc. From a business standpoint, keeping people on the forums is an intelligent business move....

I don't know about teens elsewhere, but the ones I work with are very active on Facebook, MySpace, and other social networking sites. Making this site friendly for them for networking can only be a good thing.

Welcome to the 21st century of computing life.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,