View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #16
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Name glows! Why did the name glows have to go?!
I'll second this.

However, as for this topic:

I think that the new features are good for the forum. No offense meant here - but I think that some of the members are stuck in the 'good old days' mindset of LF when it was a smaller, tighter community. I remember some of those times (not as much as others, though) and I miss them too. But this won't be the death of the forums, IMHO.

The new features might be a bit myspace-y, but I think that the reason they're being used to the extent they are is because everyone is trying out their new toys. I think that the usage will die down after a bit and then it won't really matter all that much. In fact, there aren't that many members that are using it now.

@Astro: I understand your concerns, but I don't think this update is a negative. I still intend to post in HL and Ahto and Kavar's. It's not like this site will morph into a facebook clone and the forums will stop.

And if we'd have put the poll up before, the response wouldn't have kept the change from happening. I for one would definitely voted for them to implement these 3.7 changes.

And as for you, Source - I found your post to be offensive, crude, and out of place. You can voice your negative opinion without condescension. Not a flame, just letting you know that what you said doesn't rest well with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Jae
Welcome to the 21st century of computing life.
That's what computers are all about - these sort of changes.

And Astro - that's my 20.5854502 centavos.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,