View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #17
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
I'm having a fine time using the features already. I think it'll cut down some of the spamming that goes on in threads that we now have to delete, so that's a positive. I don't think it's going to affect community that much. The people who are going to form separate groups have already done so on IM, Skype, etc. This just keeps it all in one place instead of scattering it all over the internet. I think it's useful in that respect--when I get a new message, PM, etc, I get a popup and can click that instead of having to leave the forum entirely to go to MSN/IRC/etc. From a business standpoint, keeping people on the forums is an intelligent business move....

I don't know about teens elsewhere, but the ones I work with are very active on Facebook, MySpace, and other social networking sites. Making this site friendly for them for networking can only be a good thing.

Welcome to the 21st century of computing life.
I agree with you on this Jae, I don't share old Astro's doomsday views on social networking, as it's a natural counterpart/extension of forums IMO...Profiles and buddies and such are all well, but to have discussions on a certain topic or meet new people etc the forums are still gonna be heavily used, it also depends on the popularity of a certain video game that'll affect certain forums, like the Force Unleashed one will probably boom very shortly (especially with it being so multi-platform), and these new features can only help spread the joy

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,