View Single Post
Old 06-16-2001, 01:53 AM   #7
The Wanderer

www.gmppictures.com

we were nominated for best picture last year in the Rewind amature movie awards and Oranges: the Movie looks to be the front runner in this years awards. I honestly believe if we had 180 MILLION dollas to work with that we COULD make a better movie than the Phantom Flop. Actually, given 180 million dollars I think an ape could have made a better movie.

George Lucas is not a god, he is not an idol to be worshiped, he's a man who made 1 billion dollars because he was lucky enough to be surrounded by some very talented people such as Ralph McQuarie and a slew of special effects geniuses. Star Wars would NOT be as popular as it is if the special effects were on par with those of classic Star Trek episodes. George Lucas wanted the Writer/Director credit, so he opted not to have anyone help him with the or review script (like with the first 3 movies back when 21st Century Fox was footing the bill), ergo we ended up with the wildly unimaginitive script to the Phantom Flop. I've sat down with my friends and we've hammered out at least a dozen ways the Phantom Flop could have been improved with basic narrative plot elements. So YES, with 180 million dollars, I do think I could have made a better movie. A movie without Jar Jar who was designed to sell toys

"Weeeeeeee!!! I just accidentally BLOOOOOOOOOOWED up the droid command ship, oopsie! he he he, say whatever happened to those other 100 driod command ships we saw orbiting the planet in the begining of the movie??? oopsie!!!! he he he"

-Anakin Skywalker (future Dark Lord of the Sith)
The Wanderer is offline   you may: quote & reply,