View Single Post
Old 06-18-2001, 06:59 AM   #12
The Wanderer

For starters, I didn't say I could make a movie with as much impact as A New Hope. I said with a similar budget I could make a better movie than the Phantom Flop. Easily. And then I went on to say an ape could've made a better movie than the Phantom Flop. I love the classic trilogy. ANH, ESB, and ROTJ are true classics.

Trust me, I know movies, and you're giving Lucas too much credit. Film is a collaborative effort. it takes MANY people to make a good movie. I don't think Lucas is this GREAT genius that he's made out to be. Lucas didn't design the ships, lucas didn't act in the movie (Harrison Ford altered many of his lines because Lucas's dialogue was so dry), lucas didn't invent any of the FX techniques that are responcible for making ANH the hit it was. And if you ask me these people have as much right to claim it as their vision as does Lucas.

IMHO what went wrong with the Phantom Flop was Lucas had too much control and his mediocrity shone through. He had a bit more control in ROTJ than in the other two previous movies and we ended up with Ewoks. (hmmmm... I bet cute little fuzzy bears would sell a lot of toys)

If the Phantom Flop really is the best thing since sliced bread, then WHY are there fans out there re-writting the script? Why are there fans out there re-editing the movie?

The Phantom Flop was a terrible emotionless script with ILM quaity special effects (easy enough to do when you own ILM) and sub-par acting. Take out the Star Wars name, and have it take place in another new fictional universe and ask yourself what you'd have thought of it.

I really wonder why so many people are sheep or lemmings, and let themselves be brainwashed by hype and advertising. It's like fandom is some kind of sheild for protecting yourself against the scourage of thinking.

Speak out a bit more, maybe someone will hear and Episode 2 won't suck.

"Weeeeeeee!!! I just accidentally BLOOOOOOOOOOWED up the droid command ship, oopsie! he he he, say whatever happened to those other 100 driod command ships we saw orbiting the planet in the begining of the movie??? oopsie!!!! he he he"

-Anakin Skywalker (future Dark Lord of the Sith)
The Wanderer is offline   you may: quote & reply,