View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #87
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"In case you DIDN'T notice, not everyone came out of that battle with nothing but a scratch. Sorry to, uh..." the new man stopped, his thoughts wondering to things that 'Seth' found rather offensive. On top of that, 'Seth' was curious to know how on earth the man had suddenly gone from sitting by the fire eating stew to talking to the group, which had originally consisted only of the centaur, the bard elf, the man Radek, and the half-elf, along with himself and Icarian joining in. In was rather curious how the man even heard them, they weren't that close.

"Excuse you sir, but at least an apology for interrupting would do, at least finish apologizing. Now tell me, what injuries are you talking about?" 'Seth' asked curiously, reading the man like he had read Radek. "From what I can tell, you're fine now, or close enough to it," 'Seth' stated.

"How the hell did you miss mentioning the...man, what the hell IS that guy?" the rude man said, and though 'Seth' didn't exactly hear it all, he could still tell what the man had said.

"I'm a Yuan-Ti, live with it," 'Seth' told the man, giving him a hard, cold stare.

"...and it would probably be better if we headed out while some of us are still bleeding. It doesn't matter how long of a head start the bandits have unless a rainstorm churns up during the night. The bandits are tired, exhausted, and are probably drinking their own good fortune right now. We're in no better shape, and badly outnumbered. They made off with a cart jammed to the brim with mithril. And Mithril, while lighter than most metals, will still make a cart pretty heavy. See these ruts in the road? That's the cart. A child could follow this path. Lie down and get some sleep or eat something. If we move at first light tomorrow, we can take them while they're still hungover and asleep, with light and rest on our side. We're gonna need every advantage we can get."

"I don't want to start an argument, but there are flaws to your logic. For one the bandits are smart, and so is their leader, they're not going to keep the cart, they're going to use it to throw us off. They're not going to get drunk either, they're going to move their base camp as soon as they get the mithril there. The idea of following at first light is a bad idea, because then we lose the only advantages we have, such as the darkness of night, stealth, their weariness, and the fact that they know the lay of the land, and all the advantages to the terrain is something we should take into account, they could easily spot us and get ready for us if we move during daylight. As for sleeping and eating, I need little of both, and Icarian needs none either. The elves are similar, and are rather robust, and need little more than to eat some small amount of food, and they're ready, and I'd guess the centaur is the same. So it seems the 'soft-skins' are the only thing holding us back...well, except for Radek, he seems to be all too willing to get moving. So if I see this correctly, you're the only person unwilling to move," 'Seth' said, cocking his eyebrow - or whatever could be considered an eyebrow for him - at the objecting man, who seemed to only want to contradict everything everyone had to say.

"There's, what, twelve of us? Against an entire bandit company. Those are long odds. Furthermore, these bandits just made off with a cartload of the most valuable metal I can think of. If their boss didn't set a trap for us, I'd be very much surprised. Of course, then again, his strategy for the attack was hardly anything solid. The way we were fighting, none of us should have survived that battle."

"I've seen less fight more and come out alive. It's not a matter of numbers, it's a matter of tactic and intelligence. Traps are no issue, if they're traps that are man-made, then Icarian can spot them long before we trigger them, and I imagine that newcomer, the elven girl, she's a scout too, she can probably do the same, and I imagine she can to," 'Seth' said, indicating the half-elf girl who had offered her tracking skills earlier. "If you're talking about traps like men lying in wait, that's not much more of an issue, our only problem is killing those men lying in wait fast enough. As for the way the bandit leader had the whole thing boil done, I'd say he accomplished his goal perfectly, so he lost some of his men, I can easily say he had some men to lose, bandit leaders are like that after all. And the issue of none of us living, that may be true for some, but most here have decades, if not a century or two of combat experience, so you can't be certain that we all should be dead," 'Seth' told the mercenary.

"But this isn't the time to argue, nor do I think this situation is up for debate, as I can guess, our decided "leader", or "leaders" would be the bard and the centaur, from what the dwarf seemed to indicate, so it's up to them, not me, and not you. If you're really that unwilling to go, or cooperate, or be a 'team player' then you can stay here, it's your choice," 'Seth' concluded, reverting his gaze back to the others.

"Well, that was fun," Icarian finally piped up, trying to lighten the mood a bit. "So, Master Crow, what should we do?" The Dryad asked, tilting his head like a curious dog.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)

Last edited by Master_Archon; 06-09-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,