View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #93
Corinthian
Banned

Kadis had been on the verge of relaxing.

Then the Centaur opened his mouth.

How the hell did he know that?

Regardless, he jerked his dagger out of his sheath, jerking to his feet fully, adrenaline and anger burning away the pain.

Control yourself. Ice kills just as easily as fire.

It was a pretty little metaphor, much like the ones Elves were so very fond of quoting, but it was more or less true. He slid the dagger back into his sheath, pushing down his anger.

"You're right, Centaur. I shouldn't command this group. You're quite right in that regard. But tell me, what precisely makes you or the Bard good commanders either? The fact that both of you can make a maiden swoon?"

He snorted and settled back down.

"As for the Seventy-Seven, Fifteen survived our battle with Magnus Cromgar. On the other hand, of his entire force, which outnumbered my men nearly two to one, only Cromgar and his lieutenants escaped. Now, if you ever speak of my men, or that battle, in that tone again, I will kill you."

He regarded the Elf.

"Alright, have it your way. The rest of the group seems to embrace you as the leader, and far be it from me to contradict them. I frankly think you're walking into a death trap, but then again, it's not like I'm going to be taking point, now, am I? When do you want to get going, Bard? It looks like half the party is asleep or..." The girl yawned next to him. "...most of the way there."
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,