View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #174
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
Got the PC version of Mass Effect today. As usual with a new game it's a bit overwhelming to get into a new game system at the beginning.

Anyone got advice about which profession is most beginner friendly, allowing you to learn the game without too much frustration?
Soldier seem like the natural choice for beginners (they're really tough), but I went with Vanguard, because I wanted access to biotics. I haven't really tried any of the other classes, so I can't really be of much help here. Based on what I've red, Vanguard seems like the most balanced class, so I picked that one for my first playthrough, and so far I don't regret it.

Quote:
I finished it in 9 hours while KoToR took me 20+
I'm sorry, but what? It took me more than 9 hours to get off the Citadel. You were just rushing through the game. I like to take it slow, and so far I'm loving the game. I'm not in love with it as much as I was with KOTOR when I played it for the first time, but it's pretty damn close.

Obviously it's a matter of taste, though. You can't really be very objective when reviewing something. Your review will always be influenced by personal feelings and opinions, so I always take reviews with a grain of salt. Try it out for yourself and see, I say.

Quote:
After playing it for awhile, I came to the shocking conclusion that I don't like the game!

The default Shepard looks like a super-model and not a tough warhero, and there's no way to make a good looking custom Shepard. I also hate the friggin jaggies! Come one Bioware, was is it so hard to include a AA option!? And they still haven't released the DLC!

I never thought I would be saying this, but Mass Effect is just a lame RPG IMO!
So, you think it's a lame RPG because the graphic are not like you would like them to be? I'm sorry, but I think that's lame. I understand that this game is not everyone's cup of tea (no game is), but you really need to find a better reason than that to call it "lame", IMO.

And for the record, it is possible to get AA working if you've got an Nvidia card (not sure about ATI)... read my post on the top of this page. In fact, I'm playing it with AA enabled, and it looks great (for some strange reason the Multisampling TR AA also works for me, instead of just TR Supersampling AA).

Quote:
there are several UT3 engine based game which have AA as an option
Whic are those? No really, I would like to know. As far as I know, they all require you to force AA in the control panel, and it doesn't always work. Same deal with ME.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 06-12-2008 at 09:45 AM.
SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,