View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #57
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinor View Post
Anything anywhere is always going to have an impact on others. What you need to ask yourself is "Is this impact negative?" In a way voting could be considered forcing beleifs upon others, but you are trying to tie religion with politics.
I'm doing that? Hmmm.

Quote:
There is a separation of Church and State which must be recognized.
People voting their religious beliefs doesn't apply to constitutional restrictions placed on the government.

Quote:
Vote against abortion if you feel it is truly murder, morally wrong and all those other arguements, not because your church told you it is wrong.
It would be nice if all people were that rigorous with their thinking. I have very little reason to believe that even a statistically significant number of us are.

Quote:
I didn't state that it was okay to want to convert those without a religious beleif. Just that I don't find it that wrong to convert those who have NO BELEIF. I think education is sacred and some is better than none, even if it is possibly wrong and biased. For me having some education eventually led me into researching other religions. I may not beleive those religions, but I still like to understand them and know why they beleive what they do. I didn't mean that it is okay to convert those who do not beleive in a God or gods. Them not beleiving in a God or gods is their beleif right there.
You're contradicting yourself.

Quote:
That there is no God. I don't think that some Christian, Muslim or Jew should come up to you and try to change your views and I don't think that you should do it to others.
I appreciate you wanting to share your counsel, however until you can present an argument that doesn't contradict itself, I'm afraid I won't be able to find your case persuasive.

Quote:
Just to avoid any miscommunication, I am not saying that you do in fact try and change others views.
I challenge them with the intent to change. I don't think I can deny that.

But you are correct that I do not try to force others to one particular belief or another.

Take care.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,