View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #196
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
How much replay value does ME have?
I played it 10 times straight. Reading this thread I’m itching to go back and play again, but I busy in Morrowind right now. I forcing myself to hold out getting the PC version as long as possible, but it calls out my name every time I drive passed Best Buy.

Quote:
When you finish the game, are you left itching to go back and start it again to try out something different?
I was. I tried different classes, settings and planets in different order. You get some very funning dialogue depending on when you go to certain planets.

Quote:
Really? KotOR took me somewhere around 66 hours to complete. Maybe Mass Effect would take me longer, as well.
Even knowing were everything was on my tenth play through it took me 45 hours, but if you want to skip dialog and the side quests the nine to twelve hours is believable. That is the beauty of Mass Effect to me, that it is up to the player the amount of time the want to invest in the game.

Quote:
Are the side quests really that bad? Does anyone else have opinions on this?
Depends. I enjoyed some of them. There is a lot of driving around looking for things and it does get tedious. The interior of building are the same and that become tiresome, but there are many Easter Eggs (Watch out for the “shifty cow”) to be found not to mention the money and experience points to be earned. I like leveling up, so I always do the exploitation missions. Could the side quest have been better, sure! IMO they are still playable.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,