View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #85
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrdias View Post
But there is something then...It's God for me and for the christian, it's Allah for the muslim, etc...
Without evidence we have no reason to believe that this is true. That doesn't mean that we can rule it out, but it also means that there is no wisdom in accepting it as true. Compound that by the fact that you are taking a guess at which of these imaginary figures is the one you're "supposed" to be following.

Quote:
God is the alfa and the omega.
You are aware that because some guy wrote that down on a page, that doesn't make it true, correct?

Quote:
Again, there is something.
But you can't say what that something is. Saying that it is god is 1) undefendable and 2) doesn't tell us anything useful about our universe. I could say that its the flying spaghetti monster and we would both have to accept that we're just guessing.

Quote:
We aren't there yet to see what that explanation will be. Maybe the explanation it's God itself...
Just as it could be invisible pink unicorns. What is your point?

Quote:
However, there's a possibility that there's is a designer, and I beleive that it exists.
The odds of there being a designer are orders of magnitude more unlikely than natural explanations that render such a hypothesis unnecessary.

I acknowledge that you are welcome to believe whatever you wish, but belief does not make something true or useful.

Quote:
I would like to see that.
Which?

Quote:
My time is valuable to me also, so I will answer to you whan I have more time left.
Fair enough. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

Quote:
This is just my opinion, I hope everyone respect that, as I respect yours.
If you have argument worth respecting, then I will be happy to respect them.

Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Which in terms of this argument, is nothing.
Or everything
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,