View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #20
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Source

ActionTrip and Strategy Informer and Rock, Paper, Shotgun are sporting new interviews with Obsidian Entertainment's Kevin Saunders, Lead Designer on MotB and a Producer (according to ActionTrip) on SoZ.

For those who are wondering, Tony Evans is the lead on SoZ; he designed both Mulsantir and the Slumbering Coven in MotB. Seeing as how the latter of those two areas is some of the most fun I've had in a game for a long time (the Infernal Contract dream sequence was awesome), I have hope that even if the plot is not the main focus, it will still be both enjoyable and well-thought-out.

Quote:
Another benefit from the Overland Map has been our D&D rules implementation. We’ve never been thrilled with the role Skills have played in Neverwinter Nights games. They are not as well integrated into the gameplay as we would have liked. On the Overland Map, skills like Spot, Survival, and Listen could all be given gameplay effects that would be fun and interesting, clear to the player, and more faithful to their D&D implementation.
At least their plans for improving gameplay seem well planned, even if I'm not overly pleased that the plot is not the focal point. The sheer concentration of the word Fallout brings a smile to my withered heart, at any rate. Although I may have to add it to my list of buzzwords should they continue to use it...

Edit: Damn you, Lantzen!

StarWarsKnights.com -- News and features will be returning shortly...

I 'gin to be a-weary of the sun,
And wish the estate o' the world were now undone.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,