View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 03:30 AM   #1310
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Reibe nodded and shut off both lightsabers, extending a hand to help the boy to his feet. "I do not know where Strider is, but I will call for him. It may be that you have just passed one of the greatest tests you will ever encounter. On the other hand, you are still too unfocused. You allow emotion to get the better of you when you should get the better of it. Evidenced by your name calling and brash challenges."

She frowned thoughtfully. "You may have passed a test by your focus, but you still have much to learn, young one. Wait for me at the table. I will call for Strider and we shall see if he comes."

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Andra and Jena were locked in rapid-fire exchange of thrusts and swings, each one carefully blocked at the very last second. Twice, Jena had tried to gain the advantage by gentle nudges through the Force, but Andra always seemed to counteract the nudge by leaning just slightly into it half a second before it hit, thus making Jena's balance ruining attempt a stabilization for Andra.

"You're good," Jena said, finally taking a step back. Andra grinned and tapped her forehead.

"Foreknowledge," she chuckled. "It's a wonderful thing." After a pause, she gestured to Jena to leave the sparring room and went on, "You still have the advantage, though. If our rules had allowed you full use of the Force, you would have easily defeated me. Trust me... in a possible future, I dared you to turn yourself all the way on..." She shuddered.

Jena blushed. "In the heat of a sparring session, I can only imagine..."

"I witnessed," Andra said. "Remind me to never get on your bad side."

Jena smiled faintly. "That's a promise."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,