View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 06:18 AM   #12
The Unbeholden
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanqexe View Post

I was being nice about your penchant for overstating the obvious. Don't be an ass.

Misread. Your diction wasn't very clear. I think what you were intending to say was that use of Light Side powers were more meditative, not suppressive of emotions but finding inner peace, while Dark Side powers were more like capitalizing on one's emotional lack of equilibrium.

Yeah, like it makes so much sense to master both Light and Dark Side powers when the fundamental basis for channeling them are so opposite of each other. And it makes so much sense gameplay-wise to be be all "I AM OVER 9000!!!11" with level 3 everything so you're some ubergod who's really just compensating for something, eliminating the careful calculations one has to make to beat other people. If we're going to focus more on tactical gameplay, the latter is the more sensible approach. The Ubergod complex is for prepubescents.
im not an ass... Your the ass.

many have mastered both light and dark. Such as Darth Traya for instance, learning to control your emotion, meditation techniques and unleashing your anger when its needed is possible. Training both light and dark can be vigorous and time consuming, but some have spent alot of time on it and succeeded surprisingly well.

Not to mention resisting the lure of the dark side without completely succumbing to its influence. Using its power none the less, very interesting i found it. I think that if lust for power isn't in your heart then i think it won't corrupt you. Darth Traya is evidence of that.

So its entirely possible in being powerful in both light and dark, if enough time is spent in learning both its mysteries.

Revan was another powerful Sith that even though used evil methods, his intentions where good.

this supports this fact....

"Darth Revan's brutally efficient invasion of the galaxy had been part of a complex plan to secure the Republic from a long-hidden threat known as the "True Sith", suggesting that Revan had departed on a solitary quest to defeat them once and for all."

"perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil."

"Leading his hidden forces to the Lehon system, Revan began to realize his plans. Though the Star Forge was capable of granting vast power to those who fully embraced its dark nature, Revan minimized his exposure to the ancient space station, using it purely to construct an enormous fleet with which to conquer the Republic. Darth Malak, horrified that his master would reject such strength, would later balk at what he perceived to be Revan's stupidity, yet the truth was that Revan was far from ignorant."

"Revan, unlike his apprentice, understood the dangerous consequences of drawing upon the Star Forge too heavily. The artifact had led the Infinite Empire to its doom: fueling the Rakatan species' hate, driving them to civil war. Revan had no intention of letting over-reliance on the Star Forge disrupt the order he planned to bring to the galaxy. As with everything else, he would use it for as long as he needed it, then discard it."

"Revan was an incredibly talented and diligent student of the Force—perhaps the most gifted of his time—and eventually, by all accounts, became a very powerful Force practitioner. As one of the few individuals in galactic history to reach the heights of Sith power and return to the Jedi, he proved himself highly skilled in the use of both the dark and light sides of the Force."

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Last edited by The Unbeholden; 06-24-2008 at 02:33 PM.
The Unbeholden is offline   you may: quote & reply,