View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
K1 Enhancement Pack

UPDATE 26.2.2014

Hey everyone,

Sorry for keeping you in the dark for so long, but real life got in the way of things. I'll be honest with you guys and say that I've already decided some time ago not to release this mod. I'm not in a habit of releasing unfinished projects, and considering my current schedule and interests, finishing the mod was also out of the question (at least for the foreseeable future).

Anyhow, a lot of people have been wondering about what's happened to the project and if it's ever going to be finished. Not wanting to come up with any more empty promises and not even knowing myself if I'll ever get the chance to finish it, I've decided to ignore these questions. Not very nice, I know, but that seemed the most appropriate at the time. However, I've received more than one request in the past few weeks to release what's already done anyway. I wasn't keen on the idea at first, and I'm still not, but after careful consideration, I've decided to do just that.

So, let's see what we have:

1. The ReadMe:

Show spoiler

2. The Download Link

And that's pretty much it for now. If someone would actually like to continue this work, let me know, and I'll try to help the best I'm able. Do note that it's been a long time since I modded KotOR, so I may be a bit rusty. I can still provide a few pointers, though.

Hopefully, you guys will find some use for all of this. Thanks everyone for all of your support, encouragement, and most importantly, patience.

OLD POST:

This pack is made out of several different mods. Each mod is independent, and one is not required for the other to function properly. I won't list all of the mods here because there would be little point in doing so, since I have no screenshots or anything to show you. Instead I will only list the mods of which I have screenshots to show here. The mods are:

1. NPC Modification Pack (Pre-BETA Stage): This is the largest of the pack. The idea is basically to replace all of those awful looking low poly models with high poly ones, and give unique appearances to as many NPC's as possible. There will be more generic NPC heads aswel. Additionally, I'm also going to alter the behavior of some NPC's (for example, the miners on Tatooine will now actually leave for Achorhead once you've dealt with the Sand People instead of just standing there like retards).

The screen-shots can be viewed below or by following this link.

2. Party Members Mods (BETA Stage): As the name suggests, this one deals with party members. Each party member has had something added or modified. Most of my effort was put into Bastila (without going too much into detial, let's just say that the encounters with the Dark Side Bastila are now significantly different). Other party members mostly have more variants of their clothing (not replacements of what is already in game), and some other minor changes. Of special note is perhaps Juhani: I have fixed her side quest (no more will meeting up with Xor screw every other side quest that is based on spawns), her final speech on the Temple, and most of the errors in her global dialog (I know it has been done before, but what of it. ).

3. Miscellaneous mods (BETA Stage): This consists of many different mods. What I'll be showing here is mostly armors. The other mods in the pack are a surprise.

Last edited by SpaceAlex; 03-04-2014 at 01:10 AM.
SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,