View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #87
JediMasterJambi
Rookie

Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley View Post
I'm not so sure about that. It wasn't until almost every Jedi in the galaxy was killed that balance was brought to the Force. They never really go into what is meant by 'balance', but I think the Jedi had to die before it could happen. The Jedi served the Republic, really. They weren't trying to balance the Force.
I like your thinking.
I was speaking in idealization however.
The ideal Jedi brings balance to the force while the ideal Sith will cause chaos.

Yoda had already stated that manny Jedi of that era were arrogant, and quick to action. Even the higher-ups. Manny of the Jedi in that era had lost their ideals, lost sight of their true task IMHO.
Anakins tragic fall to the darkside led him to kill tons of Jedi. The few that were spared he eventually hunted down till basically Yoda and Obi were all that remaind. I consider Anakins Prophecy to be the ultimate storyline that unfolds within the 6 movies in total. IMHO Anakin was basically the ultimate purge. He was essential to the downfall of both the Jedi and the Sith of that era. After his love for his son was triumphant he killed the LAST Sith, he himself died, leaving his son to train a new generation of reformed Jedi as guardians.
Really, the Comics they have after that are nice an all. (Resurrecting Boba Fett, Palpatine, and Han having a son...Anakin Solo...) But big GLs vision ends there for me as a fan to his story. All the nice little fantasy stories after that are 2nd rate IMHO. Unless GL comes out with 7,8, and 9.

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho
Your wish is granted...
Long live Jambi...
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may: quote & reply,