View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #110
Darth Hord
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post

Palpatine: He uses Force Lightning, this speaks to a level of incompetence. After all, most villains have Force Storm when they can grab it. (I know I grab it, even when I'm playing LS) FSrm is a very handy power, if you can wound the others around you enough, and then use it, the enemies are dead.

Compare that to the Emperor... if anything he was using Force Shock, since he was using it only on one person. He was causing Luke pain... he almost killed him with it, so it could be said that Lukes VP's were far too low. (Low Con anybody?)

Sidious's lightning is arguably the most deadliest of out there. In the comics he reduces a couple of darkside prophets to ash. If Sidious wanted to kill Luke in an instant of the death star he could have, but he wanted to torture him. I think it is best not to try and label the lightning that is used in the movies based on the gameplay names of it such as "force shock"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post
Luke: He only took several minutes of Force Shock before he was dying. Compare that with any Dark Jedi. They usually resist it, or shrug it off for half damage. Luke's also sub-par with the Saber. (Look at how he wields it! And how he attempted to kill Darth Vader!)
Luke would have been dead after the first blast if the emperor truly wanted to kill him quickly but the emperor would rather torture him and for the record, a random dark jedi would also be killed quickly by the emperor if he wanted to. But yea the Luke portrayed in the movies is a complete novice but in the novels/comics set post Return of the jedi he becomes extremely powerful.

Now in terms of the sith I would rank higher than Revan in (force power/strength category only because his lightsaber skills are unknown) are Sidious,Kun,Bane,Nihilus and Caedus possibly. Other potential characters would be Marka Ragnos, Freedon Nadd possibly and maybe other ancient sith but nothing is known about them or their force strength so it is best not to include them in a discussion. In force strength I would put Yoda, Luke, (from the novels) and maybe kyp but i don't particularly care for ranking jedi so there maybe more.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,