View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #115
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post

We can't really compare what Revan does to those in the movies.

We are able to make some extrapolations, however.

Palpatine: He uses Force Lightning, this speaks to a level of incompetence. After all, most villains have Force Storm when they can grab it. (I know I grab it, even when I'm playing LS) FSrm is a very handy power, if you can wound the others around you enough, and then use it, the enemies are dead.

Compare that to the Emperor... if anything he was using Force Shock, since he was using it only on one person. He was causing Luke pain... he almost killed him with it, so it could be said that Lukes VP's were far too low. (Low Con anybody?)

Luke: He only took several minutes of Force Shock before he was dying. Compare that with any Dark Jedi. They usually resist it, or shrug it off for half damage. Luke's also sub-par with the Saber. (Look at how he wields it! And how he attempted to kill Darth Vader!)

I haven't read any of the Comic Books, so don't think I'm ignoring them on purpose if he did something amazing in them... I just don't know.

Vader: Maybe he was powerful, we'll never really know, will we?

That's all I have to say. It's just an unfair comparison.
I do have to say that I agree with that. I guess that it depends on your mindset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord View Post
Sidious's lightning is arguably the most deadliest of out there. In the comics he reduces a couple of darkside prophets to ash. If Sidious wanted to kill Luke in an instant of the death star he could have, but he wanted to torture him. I think it is best not to try and label the lightning that is used in the movies based on the gameplay names of it such as "force shock"
Perhaps it was age? Sidious would be pretty darn old in ROTJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post
But, we are comparing from a Video Game to Movies. That's going to be tough, Gameplay Mechanics or no.
I definately agree with that. I think that we cannot know for sure how powerful he was. Not unless we see Revan in a movie, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord View Post
When you compare videogame(ex Revan)characters to other characters from movies or novels you can only use information gathered from cutscenes,what other characters say about Revan, and the known feats for example I would include in my argument would be: Revan killed a republic soldier in 3 seconds before Malak betrayed him, he defeated a star forge powered Bastilla and Malak. Revan,Jolee and Juhani overcame many dark jedi in the rakatan temple. Him and his companions faced a miniature army on the star forge(based on the custcene where Malak says "send all available trooops) We learn through dialogs that Revan killed Mandalore the ultimate and the echani general Yusanis, even though neither character we in the game, i could go but you get the idea.

But you cannot use gameplay mechanics. Everyone has a different version of Revan so while yours may have lightning mine doesn't. But the canon Revan is known to have used lightning on the rakatan when he first arrived prior to kotor so we know he has that power. Your Revan may not know force choke but Revan canonically knows the attacks base on his use of it on a republic soldier. If it is still not clear to you I would be happy to continue to tell to you what can use of a videogame character to compare him to a movie or novel character.
With you saying that, we can easily make the assumption that Revan is a lot more powerful than Darth Vader, for example. I know that Revan was praised a lot in the game, and in the cutscenes, and I know that Darth Vader was feared. However, he was not even close to being praised as much as Revan was. The discussion would be over then.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,